In RobDREAM we will enhance mobile manipulation robots in two ways:
- Reduction of setup time through more structured and intuitive programming of the robot at task level;
- Automatic performance optimisation of general approaches through the use of context information and automated algorithm configuration.
Research and technology development will be carried out in the areas of:
- Context-sensitive optimisation and configuration of algorithms;
- Inclusion and empowerment of key technologies for mobile manipulation: navigation, manipulation and grasping and perception;
- System integration and benchmarking.
Iterative evaluation of the developed methods on dedicated hardware will ensure the availability of a system with sufficient technology readiness level at project end.